The CAPCE program is uniquely designed for nurses (RPN, RN, NP) to develop their leadership and expertise skills in hospice palliative care across all healthcare sectors.
Duration: Approximately 5 months
- Four, 4-hour virtual in-class Case Based Learning sessions
- Coaching Sessions (6-8) 2-hours each
- Two Practical Application Assignments
- Self directed reading
- Independent Online Modules x 6
- Four Peer-to Peer exchanges
All course components are mandatory, including attendance at all virtual in class learning sessions.
To be eligible to participate in the CAPCE program, the following pre-requisites are required:
- Fundamentals of Hospice Palliative Care Program
- A minimum of 1-year experience caring for people with a progressive, life-limiting illness
- Ability and interest to function as a Resource Nurse, providing primary level support and advanced level knowledge and skills for care team members in his or her organization
- Ability and interest to coach others, facilitate change and be a role model
- Sensitivity to the impact of attitudes, behaviours, life experiences, values, thoughts and feelings on the well-being and quality of life from the perspective of all partners in care
Upcoming Course Start Date: Coming Soon