Comprehensive Advanced Palliative Care Education (CAPCE) Program
The CAPCE program is uniquely designed for nurses (RPN, RN, NP) to develop their leadership and expertise skills in hospice palliative care across all healthcare sectors.
Duration: Approximately 5 months
- Four, 4-hour virtual in-class Case Based Learning sessions
- Coaching Sessions (6-8) 2-hours each
- Two Practical Application Assignments
- Self directed reading
- Independent Online Modules x 6
- Four Peer-to Peer exchanges
All course components are mandatory, including attendance at all virtual in class learning sessions.
To be eligible to participate in the CAPCE program, the following pre-requisites are required:
- Fundamentals of Hospice Palliative Care Program
- A minimum of 1-year experience caring for people with a progressive, life-limiting illness
- Ability and interest to function as a Resource Nurse, providing primary level support and advanced level knowledge and skills for care team members in his or her organization
- Ability and interest to coach others, facilitate change and be a role model
- Sensitivity to the impact of attitudes, behaviours, life experiences, values, thoughts and feelings on the well-being and quality of life from the perspective of all partners in care